Job Title: Personal Trainer
Company: Bears Fit
Directly Reports to: Head Coach
BEARS FIT COMMITMENT: Do your best always to help Bears Fit achieve its mission and promote and support our Core Values.
Bears Fit Job Descriptions and Service Standards work together to provide team members with a clear understanding of their job responsibilities and service expectations. Together they form the basis from which performance is evaluated.
The Personal Trainer is a member of the Bears Fit team and plays a key role in the company’s overall success by servicing clients and fitness programming which includes personal training, group training, recovery, supplement sales, member integration and support.
The Personal Trainer is responsible for:
- Impacting member service and retention by delivering excellence through quality, cutting-edge programming that is safe, supports member’s efforts to reach their goals and provides exceptional member experiences;
- Maintaining a safe, clean, well-maintained, and aesthetically-appealing environment;
- Achieving financial performance results through the generation of ancillary service revenues.
In addition to the primary roles and responsibilities described within, each team member embraces and follows the guidelines outlined in our Service Standards and plays a vital role in the success of the Fitness Department, club and company. Members of the Fitness Team always represent the company while they are in the clubs and must maintain a professional manner in dealing with fellow staff, members and guests. They must display a helpful and positive attitude, assist other departments when necessary and market their services to build their client base. Members of the Fitness Team are encouraged to communicate ideas on best practices to their leaders as well as colleagues in other departments.
1. Create a customer service focused environment that is friendly, welcoming, and supportive, creates raving fans and seeks to provide members and guests with exceptional experiences (see Service Standards for more details).
- Ensure superior customer service by sustaining a culture, through leadership and example, wholly committed to listening to members and guests, understanding their needs, and exceeding their expectations.
- Create and deepen relationships with members and enhance their sense of belonging and community within the club.
- Work with the sales team to integrate members into the club in a timely manner.
- Sincerely acknowledge members and guests.
- Be professional in your personal presentation.
- Use a professional and friendly communication style to enhance our member’s and guest’s experience.
- Be aware of and meet specific member and guest needs.
- Keeping current in their fields and are well trained and knowledgeable about their jobs, the company, and our services, promotions and business practices so that they can provide members and guests with consistent and accurate information.
- Keep current with the appropriate certifications, (i.e. PT, CPR/AED) they need for their job and maintain all paperwork associated with those certifications.
- Cross train staff so that they are always “stage ready” and available to help members and guests no matter what their job.
2. Achieve financial performance results through the generation of ancillary service revenues and member retention.
- Financial Revenues: Minimum of 50 sessions, $1500 in training sales, and $150 in supplements
- Member Retention: Execute member communications initiatives that increase member retention, satisfaction and participation in revenue producing services.
3. Maintain a safe, clean and esthetically-appealing physical plant environment
- Ensure all equipment is working and operating and if it is not working, get it repaired in a timely manner.
- Notify the corporate facilities department when physical plant repairs and maintenance are needed and serve as an advocate for getting these issues resolved.
- Maintain and implement an equipment cleaning schedule and overall maintenance checklist.
4. Work in partnership with other members of the Bears Fit team and as an integrated member of the Bears Fit Community and contribute to the effective and efficient running of the day-to-day operations of the department and club as well as the overall success of the business.
- Actively participate in meetings and company-wide initiatives and provide feedback and ideas for improving and building all aspects of the business.
- Work as part of the overall team by respecting, supporting, and encouraging your co-workers, pitching in and assisting co-workers and other departments when necessary, and approaching challenges in a creative, positive, and team centered manner.
- Maintain an active and working knowledge of Bears Fit as a company as well as all services and promotions.
- Be proficient in appropriate club software systems (ClubReady, LeadSPEAK, etc.).
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Remain up-to-date on all individual, department and company communications by reading all individual and departmental emails and posted signage as well as checking the company intranet often for important information and updates.
5. Perform other duties as required. Employee responsibilities are subject to change at any time.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
This is a full-time personal trainer position. Your daily schedule could vary throughout the week depending on the needs of the club, the staff, and the members. Your hours should include prime time and should allow you to interact with staff and members throughout the day. Special events, promotions, and other demands will require some early mornings, late nights and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing and walking. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 45 lbs.
KEY PERFORMANCE EVALUATION FACTORS
- Ability to exemplify and live the company’s core values
- Ability to meet department and individual goals
- Ability to fulfill essential duties
- Contribution and proactive participation as part of the company’s team
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION
All team members are responsible for keeping their certifications current while employed at Bears Fit:
- At least 1 national certification (ACSM, ACE, NSCA, NASM, etc.); additional advanced certifications a plus.
- CPR/AED Certification
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in exercise physiology/fitness-related field preferred, Master’s Degree in exercise physiology/fitness-related field preferred, or four years of active duty military experience.
- Track record of promoting and selling fitness programs and building and maintaining a personal training clientele.
Other Experience and Skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Team player who can partner with a wide variety of people and approaches challenges in a creative and positive manner
- Commitment to providing top notch customer service and some experience working in a fast-paced customer service role
- Ability to execute multiple tasks at once, handle multiple projects simultaneously and remain resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, flexible and resourceful
- Thorough understanding of exercise prescriptions and testing
- Can develop a program to meet individual goals and needs
- Computer savvy and proficient in using Microsoft Office
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)